Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Awww, Logan. Where Have You Been Lately?

We always love a chance to get back to where we went to college, met, and lived for the first few years of our married life. Since I work for the University, there seems to be a good excuse every now and then. But last weekend we headed north for Sam's students' tri-state band symposium.

Winston and I had a great time running around while Sam was busy.

We chased squirrels.



We suffered the bitter cold (I forgot how "Logan is colder than Salt Lake" really feels...and it will only get colder...) as we ran around a park (which is newer and awesome-er since we've moved away).


We also rode the city's free bus just for fun (Winston's first bus ride), and visited some dear friends (and missed visiting many others!). Later with Sam we played at chic-fil-a (when did Logan get a chic-fil-a??), and ate at our favorite Firehouse Pizza with Uncle Jacob (our family's newest Aggie!)



 And, of course, enjoyed some yummy Aggie ice cream.



Everyone needs a little time, sometimes, to get your feet back on the ground, right? Our one-nighter in Logan was that for me. Life has been a little crazy the last couple of months, and I felt I was just being pulled along--dragged by one too many "to-do's." My fond memories of Logan offer me a kind of mystique, in a way, and I'll forever be grateful for the few years I had to live, work, and study there.

3 comments:

Hama Roska said...

So much of what you write rings true. I feel so fortunate to have lived in Logan for these past few years. I'm glad you did too.

It is bitter cold this week. I missed you. And you always need to get some ice cream when you come to town.

Jess said...

Adams park! Good memories! I miss Logan, too. And you guys! Those were fun times in the 18th ward. :)

The Monson Family said...

Logan brings back fond memories for me as well. (Ooo, Aggie Ice cream, yum!).