Thankfully, my step-dad was right by her, recognized the signs, and called 911 immediately. The stroke left lasting damage, however, my mom has recovered excellently. She struggles a little with speech, spelling, and numbers, but she's able to do virtually all she could do before. However, due to the nature of her job and the extent of the damage, she was unable to return to work (which, ironically, was in heart disease and stroke prevention with the State Health Department). She's always wanted to stay home to spend more time with grandchildren and sewing, but none of us expected it to happen because of a stroke.
The stroke shook up my whole family in multiple ways. I know I realized, once again, how precious life is, and how quickly things can change. We witnessed many miracles in her quick recovery--many prayers were answered.
![]() |
Fun little fact: when my mom was my age, she was pregnant with her fifth (5th! At age 28!) child and only girl.

3 comments:
What a fabulous photo of the three of you! And what an incredible miracle that your mom is alive and well and grandmothering more than ever.
What a blessing to still have her with you! I love the picture of the three girls.
Cute picture! (Your mom sounds like my mom. By the time my mom was 30 she had six kids. I don't know how they did it!)
Post a Comment