Thursday, November 13, 2008

Goodbye with Sweet Sorrow

This is the last bottle of like-items we received as part of our bridal shower and reception gifts from our wedding (3 years and 5 1/2 months ago).

And, to give this even more "umpf," we've never lived in an apartment with a dish washing machine (woe is us, I know). So, for 3 years and 5 1/2 months, we have washed our dishes by hand, with the help of numerous bottles of colorful, sweet-smelling dish soap we received as gifts.

That's a lot of bottles. I remember laughing as we unpacked all our loot after our honeymoon because we had stacks of dish soap under our sink. Stacks.

And now, to think I have to go to the store to buy a bottle is...strange. But quite timely, I think. We received enough dish soap to get us through our "starving college student" phase in life. And this bottle will probably last for another couple weeks, and beyond, and at that point our little family will no longer be classified as a student-household. (Hooray!)

So, cheers to years of stocked dish soap. And to the new responsibility of purchasing dish soap forever more.

6 comments:

Jentry said...

We just barely ran out of the flour and sugar that we receied at my ward's wedding shower. Unreal amounts of flour. Congrats on being grownups. Oh and now that we have a dishwasher for the first time I just have to say that life is so much better.

Lisa said...

Ha ha, that's hilarious! We didn't get any dish soap, or flour. :) But we did get salt and pepper grinders, 4 of them.

Kristy said...

That is so funny. I don't know that we got any dish soap at all. I know we did get a big thing of salt, though, which we took a few years to go through. Ahh, it's fun to get wedding gifts....

Jillian said...

That's the coolest thing I've heard. Soap or no soap--way to get through your college household years!

The Lotts said...

That's funny. Jake and I still have a Bed, Bath, and Beyond gift card from our wedding.

Lindsay said...

How funnY! :)