Saturday, November 14, 2009

Introducing Chester

Chester is a little elf that serves as Santa’s spy helper. With the help of my mom, I made this little feller to go along with this book. (While it was fun to make, I mentioned to my mom that I'm glad that I live now and not in the time where you couldn't buy dolls...it was a bit tedious to make.)

Basically, Chester watches to make sure we are good girls and boys and lets Santa know.

I think I will also have him dual as the messenger for another holiday tradition when Winston gets older.

I imagine something like this: Chester will hide each day during the holiday season, and one of the family members will run around the house to find him each morning.

Chester will then have a little gift wrapped in his hands explaining what is on the schedule for the day that is holiday-esque. Like going to Temple Square, making a holiday treat, or watching a holiday movie. You get the idea.

Chester will likely be involved in our holiday festivities for years to come.


PS I don't know about your weather, but outside here it is beginning to look a lot like a Winter Wonderland and both Winston & I are excited. You should have seen the smile on his face when he was caught in the blizzard from the car to the apartment. He loves it!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds fun! And the weather has been really nice here. Sunny almost everyday!