Sunday, November 8, 2009

The World's Greatest Snack (for now)

I'm always hungry. Almost always, anyway. Especially 15 minutes after eating (not much exaggeration here--just ask Sam). And especially because I'm a nursing mother.

I'm always looking for something to eat, usually grabbing a banana, apple, some carrot sticks, toasted bread, yogurt, or some other item hanging out in my fridge or cupboards.

The latest greatest snack is captured in the following photo. Hmmm...it makes me drool and crave more just looking at it once more.

It is a toasted left-over cinnamon oatmeal (whole wheat) pancake (the recipe is in this packet bottom-right of page 8), spread with the ever-delicious nutella spread and an ice-cold glass of skim milk.

It's worth making extra pancakes each time, so I can have left-overs just like these.

2 comments:

julie said...

I lOOOOVVVE your pancakes!...and Nutella is my weakness of all weakness's!...its just a little bit of heaven and I am sure that will be the refreshment in Heaven...now I will just have to make your pancakes again and serve it with Nutella...can't wait, thanks for sharing, and thanks now for making me hungry :)

Anonymous said...

I remember when you first introduced me to Nutella. Mmm. Remember all the things we tried it on?