Thursday, November 1, 2012

She's So Adorable: 1 Month Update

Isn't she darling?


We all have loved these last few weeks with Sapphire. Winston can't stop kissing her. To me, she's growing way too quickly; Sam loves his little girl, although he's excited for her to get bigger.



At birth Sapphire was 6 lbs 12 oz, 19 inches.
At 10 days she was 7 lbs 1 oz, 21 inches (they probably measured length wrong in the hospital...2 inches growth in 10 days is unlikely).
At 1 month she is 8 lbs 12 oz, 21 1/2 inches.

This week she moved out of newborn sized diapers, under-onesies, and pajamas; newborn outfits still fit, however (why is sizing always weird?). I wish she'd stay teeny-tiny for just a little bit longer, but alas.

She's been a delightful baby. I think she's easier than Winston was not because Winston was hard, but because she's more content, nurses better, and sleeps longer at night. Plus, now we've done the baby thing before AND she takes a binkie (which I have mixed feelings about...).

I haven't been able to rest, relax, and nap as much this last month as I did when Winston was born (the preschool Winston is much more demanding of my time and focus than newborn Winston was, it seems). Thankfully, though, I recovered remarkably quickly. I started doing yoga 1 week after baby was born and jumped back into Zumba classes 2 weeks after baby. I gained 30 pounds during pregnancy and have only 8 more to go. I have really enjoyed being off work, even if stay-at-home-mom work is exhausting and sometimes tedious.

She's starting to smile--even real, non-reflex smiles; we love them! I really could just snuggle and smooch her all day long.


3 comments:

Merrilee said...

Those pictures turned out darling! I love them!

The Monson Family said...

She is so sweet. Look at those cute little lips!

Lefgren Family said...

She's darling! Good for you on going natural, it is wonderful when no complications occur. Having done both the natural and having epiderals, it definitely is about preparing, but a lot about things going smoothly, which one of mine didn't and I was grateful for the epideral. Anyway, just because you mentioned the pacifier thing I'll give my 2 cents: I much prefer the binky to thumb sucking... you can take the binky away! All the better if they don't need either, but from my own personal experience of my first 7 years of thumb sucking (there I admitted it) it's a nasty habit to break! But to each their own.
Take care