Being a small town, everyone knows who you are, what you do, and where you live. If they don't know, they ask--and a general idea where you live is never enough. They need to know exactly where.
One particular Sunday after Sam had returned to Colorado, the ward received my records and I was asked to stand in recognition in Sacrament Meeting. It was then announced to the whole congregation that my husband lives in Colorado. Maybe that's not a big deal...but I am a young woman living all by myself in an unfamiliar land. Not the safest thing to do. Since then, random people whom I've never met or noticed ask me when my husband will be returning to visit and ask how I'm managing all by myself.
The first time I checked out a book on CD from the library, the librarians stated, "you must be going to Colorado." Yep. So I was.
No comments:
Post a Comment