Thursday, December 4, 2008

Atlanta Adventures

Last Friday I flew to Atlanta. I was able to have a little bit of down time during the days, but early mornings and late nights greeted me viciously the rest of the time.

One of the highlights, in addition to a wonderful International Food Extravaganza and an evening at the Atlanta History Center (exhibits of Norman Rockwell and Jim Henson were there), was a formal dinner (you know, the kind where you aren't quite sure what you are eating, all the youth around you ask 20 times which utensil they should use, and the majority of the people are wearing fancy dresses I only wished covered more of their bodies...).

I decided to get a little dolled up for the occasion. I wore a new pink blouse (I know, a shocker for all of you--I never wear pink) (Target special while I was in California), with some sparkly hair pieces, AND I curled my hair. AND it stayed curly. The trick: curling it with a straightener. Who'da thought? Amazing. You can kind of see it here:
The best part of the formal dinner was definitely the guests. Not only did the one and only Miss America 2008 speak and sing Christmas songs to us, we had the unmatched presence of these fine fellows: assorted varieties of fish,
a few ominous looking sharks,three humongo whale sharks--gentle giants that look harmless,and, the best guests of all, three beautiful glowing beluga whales, who danced to the music and greeted us warmly behind the glass. Such are the treasures of a formal dinner in the ballroom at the Atlanta Georgia Aquarium. It is simply so hard to be away from home and travel...(sigh). :)

4 comments:

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

I love the Atlanta Aquarium, It is huge! It would have been especially cool to eat dinner there, glad you had fun!

Jillian said...

I was a little surprised when I saw you in pink, but you look great! Love the curled hair--and with a straightener! I've heard about that, but never seen it done on short hair... until now :) Maybe I'll have to give it a try.

Awesome aquarium pictures too. Very beautiful.

Diane said...

You're so pretty! You should wear pink more often. I saw someone curling hair with a straightener one time. I thought it was so weird, but her hair turned out gorgeous. Those beluga whales are cute.

Kristy said...

Looks like fun! Did you go to Atlanta for work? I've heard of people curling their hair with a straightener, but I've never actually done it. How do you do it?