Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Check out my bump

Here are the before and after photos of the growth on my shoulder. I wanted to get a photo of the fatty tumor after its removal, but Melanie didn't have the stomach for it.



6 comments:

Candi Merritt said...

Was it a ganglion? My little brother had one on his wrist. Someone told him it was a "Bible Bump". I guess people used to smash bumps like that with a heavy book, like a bible. The bump goes away, but it eventually comes back. Of course my little brother smashed his with a bible! Eventually he had to have it surgically removed though. Okay, this was a really dumb story:) Sorry to bore you. Cool scar, Sam.

Lydia said...

That's umm...



gross.

I'm glad you got it taken care of.

Jentry said...

You have the oddest medical conditions, Sam. I'm glad you're okay.

Sam said...

Actually, the first time I went to the doctor, in Colorado, she told me about "Bible Bumps" and shared a similar story. I did try the Bible Smash, but it didn't work. After a year and a half it doubled in size, so we got it removed.

Nancy said...

Gross. Bryce has two fatty tumors on his back that haven't changed in size for years. Weird! I guess sometimes they grow back. I hope that isn't the case for you because those stitches look painful!

When I saw the title of your post I was hoping it was a picture of MELANIE'S bump, but I think that was the point!!

martytardy said...

Wow, Sam, that bump is kind of nasty. I'm glad you never showed it to me. I probably would've lost something. :-) (I don't have much of a stomach for things like that.)