Thursday, June 25, 2009

11 interviews, 8 rejections, 2 unacceptable offers, and...

Finally I have a job. I will be working in the Granite school district as a beginning band director for 8 separate elementary schools. I am relieved to finally be done with the job search, and excited to start my professional career. The great thing about this job is that there are no extra-curricular activites, thus I will be able to compose and perform more frequently.

We have truly enjoyed our time in Duchesne and above all we will miss the people, who have been more than friendly. At the end of the summer we will be moving to the Salt Lake valley.

8 comments:

Jentry said...

Way to go! That is going to be a great job for you and you are going to rock! How exciting. I was wondering if Mel was going to go back after her maternity leave.

Lydia said...

Congratulations! That's great that you found a good job! Beginning band is where it's at.

In a future blog post I'd like to hear how they have you covering all those schools. How many classes a day, how many schools a day, just how heterogenous you classes are, etc.

Good luck with entering your professional career!

Jillian said...

That's great! Way to go Sam. Mel now you can play with us more often :)

Annie Atkin Rasmussen said...

Sounds just right, and you get to use all that ORFF training!

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Sam and Melanie! We should have a party when you get back. I need to meet that little baby. ;) (when you're ready, of course.)

Jessica G. said...

Yay, you're coming back! Congrats on the job, Sam! See you soon!

Isaac and Tallie said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you! The job hunt is always miserable in my opinion. I am also way excited to have you guys close so we can see you more often and the boys can grow up together!

The Paisers said...

Congrats Sam!! That is wonderful! We'll have to come visit after you move so we can meet your cute baby... oh yeah, and also catch up with you and Melanie! Congrats!