Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Go IKEA!

While Sam had a screening interview with Canyons School District yesterday, I bundled Winston up in my sweet mock mobywrap (thanks Amanda for the directions on how to make one) and browsed through IKEA.

I expected to need to feed Winston while I was there. I didn't know where else to go, so I anticipated just sitting in their little restaurant/cafe to nurse him. But low and behold, IKEA is super baby friendly (who woulda thought?).

Their family restroom had a nursing station--complete with a super comfy chair, play table for older children--and even spare diapers, in case I forgot one. Boo. Yeah.

Three cheers for IKEA!

PS All you other moms--any other places that are nursing/baby friendly? (Besides Disneyland, Nan...)

5 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

Wow! That is waydangsupercool. The dressing rooms at Motherhood (at Logan, anyway) have baskets of toys in them.

The Paisers said...

IKEA rocks! They even have bibs, high chairs, and bottle warming stations. Awesome! I don't think we've congratulated you guys yet on having Winston sooo............
Congratulations you cute parents!!

Lisa said...

I was at the Gateway Discovery children's museum a few weeks ago, looking around for a bathroom to nurse Anna or bench or something, when I spotted the "Nursing Corner." They had a couch, a baby bouncer, books, and mommy magazines. I felt so empowered! I love it when places cater to moms. I am far more likely to go there, recommend it, and buy more stuff when I do go. Now I'll have to go check out IKEA.

Marie said...

Wow! I've never seen a nursing station in a public place besides church, and I think it's an outrage! One time I had no choice but to sit in a bathroom stall! Gross!

Jillian said...

Wow... who knew! But then again I've never been to Ikea... I know. Sad. Story.