Every time I make any kind candy, I wonder who figured out the recipe. Was it by accident?
Or do they think, "hmm... I wonder what I'll get when I mix water, corn syrup and sugar and boil and boil and boil until there is a two inch thread, and then add peanuts until golden brown?"
"Oh, and then it looks like some soda, salt, vanilla and a little bit of butter would make it just right."
"Perfect. I just knew it would turn out like this."
Really, who invents this kind of stuff? And how does it become so traditional this time of year?
But if it was an accident, how long did it take to re-remember what they did?
This is the BEST peanut brittle I have ever made or eaten. Hope you are enjoying some yummy Christmas treats, too!
4 comments:
Looks yummy! (How funny; I've never thought of that). I'm going to try out the cinnamon rolls off of the Pioneer Woman's web-site. They look so good.
I was thinking that same exact thing last week making some caramels! well, you know what they say about grat minds...:)
ha ha, i guess not so GRAT--at least at typing :)
It was so good! I'm glad I got to try a piece! I hope you had a great Christmas!
Post a Comment