Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I've been so excited for Winston's new Easter suit, complete with the cutest little tie, argyle socks, and plaid shoes. I love little boy church clothes! His matching linen jacket drowns him, so we'll have to get a photo of that later.

This is what happened when I tried to take some photos:

First, he ran away.

Then he did some yoga.

I did get a photo of his cute shoes and socks.

Silly boy.

You'd think picture-taking is a form of torture around here...

As I was about to fall asleep last night, I realized I have been caught up in the characterization and pomp of the holiday. It has been fun to buy Easter goodies for Winston to find and enjoy, but I almost let the true meaning of the celebration slip away.

Today in church we watched a good video called Finding Faith in Christ, and it gave me time to reflect a little more. The movie is a touching summary of the Savior's life, ending with the account of "doubting Thomas." I feel like Thomas (see John 20:24-29) is unfairly scorned by us; many of us could learn from him. It is touching to me how Thomas feels the nail prints and says, "My Lord and my God."

What a beautiful miracle--that of the resurrection. Our lives now and to come are forever changed because of the life, death, and, most importantly, the resurrection of our Redeemer.

Enjoy this little video as a moment to ponder (while enjoying some Reese's chocolate peanut butter eggs or your favorite Easter treat), and enjoy your celebrations!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Handsome dude! Love his "head stand."

Merrilee said...

He's definitely at that age where he doesn't want to pose for cute pictures! He's cute anyway. My kids weren't much more cooperative about getting their picture taken either! How hard should it be?