If you recall, while renovating our home Sam closed off an entrance to our kitchen and built a pantry in its place. We didn't have the refrigerator at the time, but when we purchased it we realized we should have brought the pantry out further. Oh well. Not worth the re-do.
I've been trying to figure out how to best maximize the space between the fridge and the pantry, knowing that I wanted a cabinet above the fridge, but didn't want it randomly floating with a gap between fridge and pantry. In addition, a few months ago my grandmother gave me her china, and I needed a place to store it. So, after some looking around, I think we came up with a great solution.
![]() |
| I hated seeing the clutter above the fridge, and wanted a way to maximize the storage space. |
![]() |
| The shelf down the side also freed up some counter space, and allowed Winston to have easy access to his dinnerware. |
| Aww! Look at all that fits in there! (China is tucked way back on top shelf) More fit than was ever on top to begin with. |
We had some major frustrations with the purchasing of the cabinet. Let's just say that although we've been a huge fan, we are done shopping at IKEA. For real. They even offered us a gift card for the complications, and we turned it down. We're that serious. But that's behind us now.
As with 99% of the home improvements, I need and/or want Sam to do them. One of these days I'll learn to just ask him and step away. I'm not a very good on-looker of this stuff. I always have unnecessary thoughts or advice to throw in. One day I'll learn I only sometimes know what I'm talking about in regard to these things. My role should be limited to plan a design, research cost, save money, and shop. I'll leave the rest to Sam.
But Winston loves to be in on the action.



3 comments:
Awesome! It turned out so nice.
You can't just leave us hanging on the Ikea drama! I want to know what happened! And your space looks awesome. I can't wait until we aren't renting so we can do home projects too.
Looks very nice! But I, too would love to hear the drama... I always like hearing drama stories. It reminds me that I am normal. :D
Post a Comment