Monday, September 24, 2012

Uh-Oh! We've Seen This Before

Sometimes it is no fun having to be responsible--and by responsible I mean a homeowner.

We came home to this mini flood and a small fountain in the grass.

I kind of freaked out a little bit. Who could be happy about a mini fountain in the front yard that means no water to your house? Again? Even Winston was mad that he couldn't take a bath; he had a hard time understanding how/why the water was broken (doesn't water just always come out of the faucet?). But thankfully I paused enough to realize it really isn't the end of the world.

Let the digging begin.


I was ready to call some repair man--the last thing I wanted to deal with was this. But thankfully Sam always reacts more calmly than me when it comes to things like this. He wanted to try to fix it first, because if he could why spend the money on an expensive repair? True, true. So I went away and sewed some little projects (great therapy, bytheway!) while he went to work digging and digging. He's still working on it now, but I bet he'll have it fixed soon...we'll just have to wait 24 hours to turn the water back on...

No comments: