Friday, June 6, 2008

The Family Defined

Recently Melanie and I have heard a lot in the news about the polygamy issues with the FLDS church. While listening to the radio one day, we discussed the constant dilema and Melanie made a substantial comment. She stated that the easiest way the government could avoid such issues is to define the family; this would also take care of the gay/lesbian marriage problems. We both feel fortunate to have the family already defined by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in The Family: A Proclamation to the World given in 1995. The inspiration of that document cannot be overlooked or understated. I am grateful to belong to a living church with inspired leaders who recieve revelation for our time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eu tambien... Meaning I totally agree about the family. and PS I love how you both love dark chocolate and Dr. Laura. Quirky, but thats the glue that holds marriages together. :)