

The past two days I "worked" at the Upper Stillwater Dam. A few people had to rappel off the cliff and clean off any rocks that could be hazardous to the trail below. It was my job to wait at the top and pull up the 300 ft. ropes so that when they returned to the top the ropes would be ready to use again at a different spot. This took up about 20 mins. of my time and I only did it 3 times a day. The rappelling crew took about an hour each decent. As you can see, the rest of my time I spent practicing my trombone with a glorious echo off the mountainside. One thing I did learn from pulling up those ropes; there's no way I could pull anyone up with them. When the rope is 300 ft. down it is quite heavy by itself and it was very tiring, pulling it up. The next time I see a movie where someone is hanging from a rope and are pulled to safety I will have a hard time believing the possibility.
1 comment:
Once again a huge difference in our instruments. I would never even dream of hiking my instrument up a mountain and play with it in the sunshine all day long. I saw the coolest carbon fiber violin today, that would work for hiking practices. What a good user of time you are Sam!
Post a Comment