Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Water Hollow Dam


I recently started working for the Central Utah Water Conservancy District, here in Duchesne. I am a temp. employee for the summer and I do a number of odd jobs from mowing weeds in the lot next to the office building, checking water levels at the various dams, throwing rocks off a cliff into the dams, to shoveling sediment build-up as seen in the picture. It's a great job with great people.

3 comments:

Jentry said...

Why do you throw rocks?

Sam said...

There is a hiking trail just under the cliff by the dam. We have the responsibility to remove any hazardous rocks before the trail opens so that they don't fall on people's heads as they hike the trail.

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

Hi Mel! It is Rachel (Shaw) Meldrum..... I was on Scott's blog and found you! Now we have at least 2 things in common, we went to high school together AND my dad works for the Central Utah Water Conservatory District in Orem! Looks like you are doing great, come visit my blog anytime. It was fun to find you.