Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm Going Green (with envy, perhaps)

Okay, I'll admit it: I'm obsessing with color and ideas for our soon-to-be home. I dream about colors, and all day long I'm thinking about how to incorporate colorful ideas without having to spend lots of money.

I checked out a few books from the library on decorating with color and it's just made my obsession worse (err...better? Either way you look at it, I guess). I have learned a few things, though. For one thing, I thought I was going to be more in love with yellows, reds and dark browns, but I've discovered I am more attracted to fresh greens and bright, bold, and turquoise-ish blues.

I'm also loving the idea of a black wall, like this: (I actually like the ceiling idea, too, but I'll save that for another time...perhaps another home).

We'll see how my ideas change when I get some sample paint and actually start testing the ideas with the lighting in the home. Oooo---I can hardly handle my excitement!

As a bonus, I went to Target today, and spent only $30 on 6 (six!) sets of window curtains/sheers and a couple of toss pillows. Only $30! Target ROCKS (in case I've never said that before), and Target clearance double ROCKS!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

WAHOOO!!!! I can't wait to see this house and all your decorating going crazy. It's gonna be awesome.

Oh, and I don't know if I've ever said this before, but I REALLY like Target too. And I found similar clearance curtain deals and once again, loved Target. AHhhh, I want to see the toss pillows!

Lisa said...

I am excited for you and all the fun you will have decorating your new home. I'm not at all surprised that you were more drawn to bright greens and blues. That's what you've always liked, as I recall from our polka-dot plate and stripey ice-turned-cookie-jar days. I really like the picture you put up...I think those single dark accent walls can do a lot for a room. My parents have been doing their basement and did a dark red wall behind the TV...it does such a good job of muting behind the TV and reducing glare. Amazing.

Amanda Fetters said...

ooh. I've never seen a black accent wall before, but me likey!! Wait, I take that back - I've seen an accent wall in chalkboard paint, which I really really really want to do someday. And stripes on the ceiling?! Awesomeness!!

Lindsay said...

Wow that ceiling is fun. I bet it'd make a baby happy too! :)

julie said...

I am excited to see what you do in your new home. I have always wanted to paint a wall black but I've never been brave enough to do it...so I am excited to see how you like it. I am a Target lover too! Its my favorite place to shop...for anything....

Marie said...

Very cool! I'm thinking I want to paint stripes on Kellen's ceiling now! I love the black wall, but I'm scared I would do the wrong shade or glossiness, or something. Be sure and post pics of your decorating adventures! I'd love to see!