Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Curry Popcorn

I LOVE popcorn. I grew up eating air-popped popcorn with butter (probably margarine, actually) and salt.

And then as a teenager I decided I liked microwave popcorn better.

Sam got me into air-popped again, and together we are now in love with stove-top popped popcorn. It's the best. Seriously. It makes microwave popcorn taste like styrofoam. Really.

I came across a suggestion to add curry to popcorn and it is our new favorite. Sometimes we make it a couple times a week.

CURRY POPCORN
Pour about 1 - 3 Tablespoons of canola oil (about once around the pan) in a stove-top popcorn popper.


Then add 1/2 cup popcorn kernels. Sprinkle in about 1/2 teaspoon of curry and about 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (to taste).

Pop according to directions. (Sam's the manly popcorn popper-er around here)

Pour into bowl.


Indulge.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That really does look tasty! I use your marshmallow-caramel popcorn recipe ALL the time. We also love plain butter, and of course, kettle corn. I'd bet my bottom dollar that curry-kettle would be really yummy too...the spicy and sweet together... mmmmm... Popcorn time!

Marie said...

I'm intrigued... Where does one purchase a stove top popper?

PS: Your little guy is getting so big! I don't always comment, but I love to see your posts!