I just received word that my mom was involved in a terrible accident this morning. One person was killed.
Just the other day when I heard on the news about a few traffic accidents, I thought to myself, "it's amazing there are accidents multiple times a day; you'd think you would know more people involved in them." I guess I spoke too soon.
My mom is okay. Although her car is totaled, her visit to the emergency room only showed that she could go home. She's a little beside herself, as you can imagine after being in a severe accident. She asked my stepdad if he had called her mom yet (my grandma passed away a few years ago).
Tears come to my eyes as I realize how precious life is and how fine that line is between this life and the next. How grateful I am that it was not my mom who was killed, and how my heart goes out to the family who lost a loved one today.
Hold your loved ones a little tighter today, and all days.
5 comments:
It's ironic because I was just thinking the same thing last week when I drove down to your mom's and there was a bad accident on I-15. I was also a little scared getting on that on-ramp with the construction because you really can't see well there to merge. I'm glad she's ok. It makes me sick to think about what could have happened!
Oh honey I'm glad she's okay as well.
Wow, I'm glad she's okay! I saw this article online yesterday right after it happened and for some reason I was really worried that someone I knew had been involved. I thought through where my family would be at the time and decided nobody would have been on the freeway. It's interesting that I thought that about that particular accident though... Anyway, I'm glad to hear she is okay. Take care!
I was actually right around there twice yesterday morning before work. It was one of the more intense accident clean ups to be sure--had things locked up for hours. Glad to hear that your Mom is physically ok--but I hope the rest of her is okay too... that stuff is really hard to be in the middle of and see, especially when someone dies. Granted your Mom is a nurse... but still... hope that's she's not rattled for too long.
Oh Melanie, I am so glad to hear that your mom is okay. That is so scary!!! I am sure you are feeling the blessings of prayer in your life. I have been in 4 different auto accidents and I understand how terrifying they can be. So very, very glad that your sweet mom is still here.
PS...you mentioned that your sister-in-law works in the NICU in Murray...I actually talked to her one night when she was on duty as Kenron's nurse. We mentioned that we were from Duchesne and she said "oh I had family that just moved from there"...so of course I had to ask "WHO?"...What a small world we live in. She is an awesome nurse, one of the best ones that he has had there...anyway...fun to meet her and I send my love to you. :)
Post a Comment