"Utah! People working together...Utah!" do do do do da da...
Do you know Utah's State song? I remember singing it throughout elementary school, and it came to my mind today, as today is a Utah holiday--Pioneer Day--celebrating the day the Mormon pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley, way back in 1847. The song actually does a decent job of summing up why we celebrate Pioneer Day and also highlights some great aspects of Utah.
Being a Utah native, I have a deep love and respect for Utah and its founders, and I hope many other states get to celebrate culture and history surrounding their state's founding day.
On another note, while Sam was getting LASIK eye surgery a few weeks ago, I noticed a magazine on the table called Healthy Utah. I picked it up and browsed, finding many interesting articles. And then I noticed the cover story article. I had to flip back to the cover to make sure I really saw what I thought I saw.
This is what the photo on the cover looked like:
This is what the photo on the article looked like:
Do you notice? The lady on the cover has a shirt under her tank. The same lady, same photo on the article inside the magazine has NO shirt under her tank.
Ha!
I almost want to say "only in Utah" but I'm not sure that would be entirely accurate. But close.
Gotta love Utah! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment