Winston is a true boy. When he was a few weeks old, I took my nieces hair bows and tried them on him to see what he would look like if he were a little girl. I've heard lots of people say that babies look "neutral" and I wanted to see for myself. Well, he looked...like...a little boy with a hair bow. So anti-climatic.
Without learning from an older sibling (maybe some influence from neighbors and cousins), he runs around the house making little boy sounds, like the "vroom" of little cars or "geh-gahs" of hitting things against something. Sometimes he'll do something that makes me smile and say, "you are a real, true boy."
We went camping one night last week, and he once again showed he was a true boy. In just about 10 minutes, he was filthy.
In another 2 minutes, he had a black tongue and mouth from eating nice, earthy dirt.
In another 30 seconds, he grabbed a handful of dirt and rubbed it, intentionally, on his forehead, eye, and cheek, looking almost black.
| And this photo was AFTER I wiped off some dirt. |
My sister-in-law bought a cute little framed saying from some craft fair a few years ago. I finally ordered it in vinyl and added the finishing touch to Winston's name.
Pinocchio in the quote above should actually be italicized, because it is not Pinocchio who says it, but it is from the Disney' movie Pinocchio stated by the Blue Fairy. It is actually: "You must prove yourself brave, truthful and unselfish to become a real boy." But, eh, Winston's wall is not a thesis, and it is legal to paraphrase, right? I never said it was a direct quote, anyway...
Anyway, I really like the
5 comments:
He is such a cute kid! I love the wall art and quote. What a great idea!
So cute! Now that I have a boy I am tempted to steal your wall art idea sometime... we'll see if I can be as clever on my own!
Oh, how I agree! There's just no way to teach some of those things that boys and girls naturally do. I love the filthy pictures! =) The dirty face makes his eyes pop even more - if that's possible!
Jake is the same way. He always seems to get dirty. Boys really are different than girls! (By the way, his name on the wall with the quote looks super-cute!)
What a good quote for the perfect situation! Honestly I think you're fine with how you have it. The fact that mention where it comes from at all is more than a lot of people do ;)
Post a Comment