Saturday, August 27, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?

A month or so ago, I was super excited because my snapdragons were finally blooming.

And then I saw a friend's blog who lives in Northern California, and she had gigantic snapdragons. I couldn't believe it! And then I remembered:

Oh, yeah... I live in a semi-arid desert climate.

So, my garden and flowers are doing pretty awesome, considering the desert heat and lack of rain.

Check it out.
NOW: Taken last week.
BEFORE: Taken in June
We are very much enjoying fresh produce from our back yard. I love eating fresh food.

Hidden in the leaves is a nice, big, white pumpkin.
Our pumpkin and zucchini plants have grown out of control! They are invading all the other plants, and weighing down the poor little jalapeno plants.

And a really cute watermelon.

We've got a long way to go on fixing the grass (and planting grass in the back), but it's nice to know grass grows so quickly.


BEFORE: grass just sprouting in our naked spots.


NOW: thriving and full.


BEFORE: just-planted, tiny little greens with no buds yet.

NOW: colorful blooms overfilling their spots (mums yet to bloom).
Our yard still isn't perfect, but this awesome flower bed sure brightens things up. We love it.

No comments: