Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Closet Doors a la Fabric

None of the bedroom closets in our home have doors (well, okay, one does). Many were missing when we bought the home, and those that were still hanging around were just that--hanging around, and not in great condition. So, we ousted them not long after buying the house.

We have an endless list of house to-dos and the closet doors just get pushed toward the bottom. I decided I was done staring at folded blankets and hangers of clothing, but I was not in the mood to price out doors, and then paint and paint and paint them.

So, I headed to JoAnn's, instead. With two super-awesome money-saving coupons. Purchased 10 yards. $30-ish. Boo yeah.



I  My mom sewed some hems (I cut and ironed). I purchased some shower-curtain rods at Target for pennies (well, not pennies, but durable and inexpensive). And viola! For about $45, I've got some closet "doors" for our black-walled master bedroom.
























Now if Sam and I could just agree on a fabric for living room curtains...

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Nice work, Mel! I like the pattern. I'm sure it looks awesome in your room! Have I already told you that I made my living room curtains out of a Dwell Studio duvet cover I found on clearance at Target? I'm so proud of my $23 curtains. Anyway, just a thought for you. Hope the bookcase looks good!

PS: my wreath made it safe and sound thanks to your help! Please remind me to get you one when Christmas comes around!

The Monson Family said...

That looks great! (What a smart idea).