Sunday, September 11, 2011

What Matters Most

My eyes have filled with tears many times the last few days as I've listened to radio programs, songs, stories and memories commemorating September 11, 2001. I've choked up a little reading some "where were you?" posts on Facebook and reflected on what I was doing 10 years ago.

I look back and realize how young and naive I was (and even now realize I still am) about the hard, ugly facts of evil in the world. I have a soft place in my heart for true Patriots of America and of the world; they represent such noble truth and hope.

Chances are I will never be in a situation resembling the collapse of the World Trade Center Towers. But my heart aches for the memory of those whose lives were tragically altered that fatal morning.


I hope to hold that memory forever, and to remember what really matters most.

No comments: