Monday, June 25, 2012

Life is too short to ________.

At a work training a while ago, I received this fun little tag attached to a bag of assorted chocolates.



I've kept it on my fridge, and every day I see it I ponder upon what things life is to short for.

Here's a little list I've come up with thus far.

Life is too short to eat at McDonald's.
Life is too short to shop at Walmart.
Life is too short to work full-time.
Life is too short to wear boring shoes.
Life is too short to wear uncomfortable shoes.
Life is too short to diet (see this post for clarification).
Life is too short to always have white walls.
Life is too short to live without AC.
Life is too short to watch TV.
Life is too short to use cheap TP.
Life is too short to be a perfectionist.
Life is too short to waste vacation/annual leave days (I did that last year--never again!).
Life is too short to watch a boring movie.
Life is too short to finish a really boring book.
Life is too short to be part of a mosh pit.
Life is too short to sleep through the morning.
Life is too short to frown.
Life is too short to unpick an only-slightly crooked seam.
Life is too short to eat a bruised apple.

I could make this list much longer by adding "not" (as in: life is to short to not ___), but I wanted to keep it more positive and lighthearted.

We live in a world full of wonderful opportunities and much abundance. It's fun to think about things that are just simply NOT worth the time and effort, because there are really so many other things to brighten our world. (This kind of reminds me of the book The Happiness Project. Have you read it? It's a great one!)

What things would make your "Life is too short to _____" list?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I really like this thought Mel. I agree with shopping at Wal-Mart and AC today... For me: Life is too short to eat store-bought bagels and doughnuts. Life is too short to wear boring hair. Life is too short to spend 6 hours a day in front of the TV. Life is too short to spend alone. Life is too short to be serious all the time.

the Danosaur said...

Life is too short to stay mad, life it too short to stay inside, life is too short to spend in front of the computer.