Thursday, June 7, 2012

5 Months Down

June 5th marked 5 months (about 22 1/2 weeks) of my pregnancy. I can't believe there are only 4 more months until due date. There's so much to do, and 4 months doesn't seem like a lot of time to complete it!



This pregnancy is much like my first with Winston. I thought I would be showing much sooner than I did last time, but that hasn't really been the case. I'm in this awkward stage where people I associate with have no idea I'm pregnant, unless I tell them. I find bringing it up to be awkward, also. It's weird to bring up suddenly. "Oh, so, I am pregnant, did you know?" I mean, how do you go about telling people? And all the attention and concern that is suddenly directed my way...that's why I prefer to wait to tell people until much later than most people, anyway. Thankfully just posting it on Facebook takes care of the awkwardness in many ways, but I still find myself skirting around the what-should-be-but-isn't-very obvious.

While I may not have a cute little volleyball or basketball tummy, I have gained plenty of weight (almost as much as I did at full term with Winston!), and it just seems to be evenly distributed throughout my body--particularly in my lower back, which adds some discomfort and aching every now and then. But, no complaints here--I feel great. We went camping last weekend, and that included a 4-mile hike. I'm still going to a Zumba class twice a week early in the morning, and I love it! Other days I do a prenatal yoga that has just the right poses to comfort and stretch out every discomfort. I'm so glad for that DVD--all pregnant women should have (and use) one!

1 comment:

The Monson Family said...

Even though you don't have the volleyball belly, you might not have to deal with stretch marks! I get SO BIG with my babies. I also have the stretch marks to prove it! You look great. Congrats on a little girl; so fun.