I previewed my paycheck stub yesterday, anxiously awaiting the $600 overpay I am supposed to receive in November. Turns out, while I should have been paid $600 more dollars this paycheck, my actual paycheck was only $374 more dollars than last month.
What? Why? How does $600 = $374??
Oh yeah, because of income taxes.
37.6% of my "increase" was taken. (And my income is nowhere close to the highest tax bracket... Sure, I probably will get this back come tax return season, and I can change my withholdings... but still! Urgh!)
That got me thinking (again) about where I stand in regard to taxes.
Do I like taxes?
I can't say I hate them all (in fact, Utah needs to increase their property taxes so teachers can be paid more, I think), but this 37% thing irks me (just a little).
And then this morning I saw this post on taxes and how each of us should truly contemplate where we stand in regard to taxes before we vote this coming Tuesday (and I don't just mean for the Presidential nominations--local and state delegates have a large role in this, too!!). Ditto to that blogger.
Where do you stand in regard to taxes? Think it over while reading this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment