Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Zion's

I was able to sneak in a trip to Zion's while I was in St. George for a conference. We (a few co-workers and I) hiked around, saw stuff from the shuttle bus, and sat by some SUPER stinky young men who had been hiking and climbing for days. Man--they smelled SO BAD!The first couple of photos are in the Zion's most of us think of. The next photos are also in Zion's, but in the North-West section accessible just off I-15 about 7 or so miles south of Cedar City. It's a place called Kolob Canyon. You drive off the freeway and around one corner and Ta-Da! Stunning. Next time you drive past Cedar City, take a few minutes to drive the 5 mile scenic route, and take a walk on some of the hiking trails just off the road. It was a wonderfully refreshing walk (especially after being in the car for hours).

No comments: