Monday, October 6, 2008

Recital Hearing

Today I performed my recital hearing for the Brass faculty at UNC. The hall we perform in here is an old movie theater turned into a rehearsal/concert hall. It's not something they are proud of, but that's what we have to work with. Today it was ice cold in the building which caused my pitch to vary widely between pieces and movements; also my lips were affected by the cold, but I made do.

After all was done I was congratulated by the brass faculty and informed that I passed. This lifted a weight off my shoulders because the hearing basically decided if I graduated this semester or not. I am anxious to graduate and return to Melanie, so I am very pleased.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm so excited! I knew you could do it! And I also can't wait for you to come back to me.

PS when I first opened the blog, I thought it read "rectal" and I thought, "WHAT?!" Haha.

Jillian said...

Congrats--to both. You for doing that and Melanie for getting her husband back all the sooner :)

Jentry said...

Yay for scary performances going well. What a road you two have traveled. I'm glad you're almost done.

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Sam; Melanie told me it was coming up, and I know what a big step the hearing is. Good luck on the rest of the semester!