Tuesday, January 6, 2009

17 Below

Yesterday, I bundled up before walking the short 3 blocks to work. As I stepped outside, I thought, "hmm, not as cold as I expected it to be." Yet, as I walked, I felt the familiar trudging-up-Old-Main-Hill-in-Logan-frozen-feeling in my nostrils. Still, I arrived with not much more than a cold nose.

Upon arriving at work, I had an email from my mom asking if I had survived the cold that all of the Uintah Basin seems to be experiencing. I told her I was just fine--my toes weren't even cold.

Then I learned that the previous evening it was 17 below zero where we live, and 24 below about 30 minutes away. And when I walked to work that morning it was only 1 degree above zero. Burr!

Oddly today I feel much colder, but it is 11 degrees warmer than yesterday. Go figure.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Ha! That's too funny. When I lived in Rexburg I remember walking outside once thinking, "Hey! It's warmer!" In my excitement I traded my big coat for a light jacket... only to get on campus to see it was 11 degrees. Strange how your body just adjusts isn't it?