Since Melanie is in Vegas this week I have stayed at the office to eat lunch, instead of returning home to eat with her. Yesterday a few of my co-workers noticed my lunch on the table and made some interesting comments:
"All you're going to eat is vegetables?"
"Where's the chocolate?"
"Hey, look what Sam's having for lunch."
"That's what you're having for lunch?"
Yes, I am having an assortment of vegetables (carrots, radishes, brocoli, and cauliflower) along with some fruit (banana, apple, and some dried apricots) and yes, I do have a chocolate covered granola bar.
I am eating healthy and my co-workers give me a hard time. Shouldn't they do the opposite? Shouldn't they see the value in a balanced healthy diet and encourage such behavior? Yes, they should, but instead they encourage the opposite and think that I am strange to choose such a diet.
2 comments:
Hooray for being different! They are just jealous that they don't eat as healthy. I guess I'm making up for it, here in Vegas, though, because I've had a ton of food...and there's limited options of healthy...
Way to go being healthy! We are slowly changing our ways. Will we ever get to your level of dedication? Maybe someday.
Post a Comment