My mom forwarded me an article about real names given to real people in Britain (and a few in the U.S.).
Check it out here.
Honestly, names like Stan Still, Rose Bush, Hazel Nutt, Paige Turner, Anna Sasin, Bill Board, should never exist. Sure they make us laugh, but those poor individuals who have to deal with it every time they introduce themselves and become the butt-end of yet another person's joke (who thinks, of course, they are the only person who has ever noticed the humor in their name).
And then there are names like John Johnson, Peter Peterson, Sandra Sands, Harris Harrison.
I think I would forever go by my middle name or change my name if any of those names belonged to me.
5 comments:
Cody's sister married a man with the last name of "Mantz." He jokingly said once that he wanted to name one of his daughters with the middle name "Ro." I wonder if they will. At least that would only be a middle name, and "Ro-Mantz" isn't such a terrible name combination.
I dated a guy named John Johnson for awhile. I thought it was silly that his parents named him that. I also know a girl named Jenny (not short for anything, just Jenny) who married a man with the last name Furr. Now she is Jenny Furr:) I am glad I don't have to deal with having a silly name.
Totally! I would SO be changing my name!! Those poor people!! The sad humor of some parents :D
After looking at thousands of census records at my old job, we started making a list of the crazy names we saw. My favorite was "Goodman Madewell." They actually ended up putting together the "Bad Baby Names" book because of our list. It's pretty sweet. You should look it up.
Well I was just about to tell you about the "Bad Baby Names" book my work put together, but I see Jillian beat me to the punch. >-( I guess that's what I get for waiting awhile before reading this post.
Post a Comment