Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Day-Dream Come True

I was never one to really day-dream or fantasize about boys and dating like other girls do. But during high school, I did have one little smidgen of a fantasy: to receive a kiss underneath an awesome firework show.

But, I wasn't one to give kisses so easily, especially with a bunch of my friends and/or family around.

When Sam and I were dating and engaged, I thought the time had come. But we were in Evanston, Wyoming, and the fireworks there are puny--absolutely nothing like the holiday and festival shows in Utah.

This past weekend, my little day-dream came back to me as I sat with Winston in my lap and holding hands with Sam as we watched fireworks two evenings in a row. Winston was so excited, and so cuddly. I couldn't help but feel his excitement for the "big boom" as he called them.


I turned my head to see Winston, and this is what I saw:


Now that, my friends, is true love. Maybe not the kind of love I once dreamed. But it is the truest, true love ever.



Winston, enjoying some red and orange peppers before the fireworks. He LOVES red peppers.

2 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

So sweet! Love those big handsome eyes. :)

Andrea said...

Love this