Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Grow. Please, Grow.

Over the last few months, Sam took apart the retaining wall he made last summer to make some improvements. We also added in more dirt and over memorial day weekend planted flowers.


I don't have a before photo, but it was just weedy grass sloped down to the driveway, with a honkin' old ugly railroad tie beam at the bottom. I love the new retaining wall.


Last year's memorial day weekend we planted flowers just in the front section of our house, and they died so quickly because of snails and earwigs. I'm surprised that our lilies actually came back, because they were pretty sad looking last year. I can't wait for them to bloom.


When we first moved into the home, this little rose bush looked pretty icky. We trimmed it way, way, down, chasing away lots of spiders and snails. Right now it is lovely!


We waited a little too long to plant some grass seed in patchy areas. But, it's now coming in and look how cute the fresh new stuff is. :)

Now, if I could just get this weather to warm up (May was quite chilly around these parts), we'd have some other blooms to show you. Hopefully soon.


It has surprised me how much fun it is to plant flowers, and how much excitement and anticipation I feel waiting for growth and color.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I didn't know the joy of planting things until we planted our first garden. It's amazing how exciting it is! Good luck with the rest of your projects!