I'm not much of a garage sale shopper. I'm still not convinced it's worth a lot of driving and my Saturday mornings. The last time I shopped at a garage sale was before the little dude was born and we were looking for a changing table. I think we drove by 1-2 before finding the one we purchased. Boo-ya.
 |
Winston loves them. He carries them around the house
with a proud, look-at-what-is-just-my-size smile.
|
On Saturday, my dad was in town and he came with me to the grocery store to pick up a few last things for a Father's Day BBQ. He
practically forced me asked me to stop at a garage sale. And would you know it, I found something I was contemplating purchasing just the night before. We happened upon these cute little chairs for a total of $3 and some change.
They wanted $5, but they didn't have change for a $20, so my one dollar bills and some change from my dad had to do. Bartering. That's definitely a perk to garage sale shopping.
The other day my nephew misread a sign and asked his mom "Why would anyone want to sell their garbage?" That's definietly a down-side to garage sale shopping. Icky used stuff...especially in certain parts of town.
But, at times, great little things come out of quick little stops.
1 comment:
I'm glad you found some cute chairs and the best thing is you didn't waste any time or gas driving around since you were already out and just happened upon the sale. I'm with you. There are so many other things I'd rather do on Saturday morning!
Post a Comment