I discovered two fun pumpkin patches near us, just a hop-skip-jump (almost literally) away from each other. Winston was so cute helping pick out pumpkins (we got 50 of them for a program I was teaching).
We're the fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants kind of people when it comes to Halloween. I borrowed a few toddler costumes my nieces and nephews have out grown and figured I'd just use whatever was easiest for Winston. I wasn't sure if I'd get around to thinking of something for me and Sam.
But then my colleague mentioned one day last week that he thought I looked like an egyptian princess, and could pass for one easily (I've been asked before if I were Egyptian...I guess my dark hair and high cheek bones do that?). He inadvertently gave me my costume idea: an Egyptian.
Winston could be my feline (Egyptians always had cats in the tombs and as gods, right?). I quickly looked at google images for ideas on how to throw a costume together without running to the store, and decided Sam could be a mummy. An Egyptian, a mummy, and a little feline god urn (or whatever). Awesome.
A couple of nights ago we attended a not-well-put-together-and-not-really-worth-attending Trick-Or-Treat Street & Haunted Tunnel at a nearby rec center. There was no street nor a tunnel...it wasn't awesome, but at least Winston was a hit as a mini Superman.
I'm looking forward to taking Winston Trick-Or-Treating tomorrow. I think this year he'll actually get it!

2 comments:
You look AMAZING Melanie!!! I don't know what your secret is but you look great....Winston is getting so big, I can't believe how fast they grow up!
I love the costumes! So fun. (By the way, you are so gorgeous!)
Post a Comment