Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Thousand Words

A picture is worth a thousand words, they say. I think the photos will do a better job at describing our struggles with Winston at Sam's sister Eliza's wedding yesterday.




I have a new respect and appreciation for dealing with young children at weddings. I now realize the struggles my sisters-in-law and brothers probably had at my wedding. Sheesh! Winston was not happy, and not to be consoled by anyone about 90% of the time. He sure struggled yesterday. I was emotionally exhausted, and never happier to get in bed and sleep. I'd say wrestling with a toddler all day is a mighty fine form of birth control!

Thankfully he has been such a cutie today. He's been playing nicely with his toys all morning--probably thinking, "This is all I wanted yesterday--my house, my toys, and some peace, quiet and alone time."



The wedding could not have been more beautiful, for a mid-October day. Everything looked lovely. We're excited for Eliza and Manuel.



1 comment:

Diane said...

Ah, yes. We just had a wedding in Brad's family, and although the kids weren't crying, they were grouchy at times and completely done with pictures. I guess following a bride and groom isn't that entertaining. =)