Tuesday, January 10, 2012

From Shaved Ice & Beaches to Hot Chocolate & Snuggies

Sunday afternoon I was slurping a coconut-pineapple shaved ice to cool down from an ocean-view hike at Diamond Head Crater in Honolulu. 83 degrees outside.

The next day I was snuggling with Sam and a snuggie as close to our fireplace as I could. 23 degrees outside.

My job took me to Honolulu to present at a conference. Due to too many inconveniences, Sam didn't come with me. We were both disappointed, of course. Have you ever noticed that work (or lack thereof) gets in the way of many aspects of life? We either can't do something because work is in the way, or we can't do something because we have no work. And yet work took me to Hawaii. Oh the irony. :)

But, one of my sisters-in-law, Jana, was able to come with me. We had a fun time exploring Oahu, and despite popular belief, there is plenty to do and see in only 4 days, as I will show you in coming posts.

First stop of the trip (not including to the hotel), just off the road in small town Haleiwa.

View driving up H3 toward Honolulu.
Beach in North Shore area.

Flowers at the Laie LDS temple grounds. 

I love vacations, and despite the cold and snow here at home, I'm also very happy to be home.

No comments: