Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sunrise, Sunset: Evidence of the Almighty

"...and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator." Alma 30:44

Sunrise, just off Kalanianaole Highway, kind of near Wawamalu Beach Park

Sunrise Yoga


I have now seen both the sun rise and set over the ocean. It's beautiful, and I only wish I had a better camera! It's amazing how photos miss so much of what was really seen and felt.


Sunset, Waikiki Beach





Waikiki Beach is the most populated beach of the ones we visited. People were everywhere, and yet as the sun set, all (mostly) paused to observe the beauty and awe of the disappearing sun. As soon as it dropped out of view, the noise and activity on the beach and sidewalks returned.

Sunset downward facing dog.
In all reality, I wish I had more time and more solitude to really practice yoga
with the backdrop of a sunrise or sunset. That would be awesome.
Maybe next time.

I love silhouette photos.
I think they will be come sunrise/set traditions.

1 comment:

the Danosaur said...

Your downward dog looks awesome! I wish I could do it so perfectly. And how awesome to do it on the beach...I'm kind of jealous.