Monday, April 14, 2008

Take Life by the Helm

I attended a 4-H Leadermete (yes, that is spelled correctly) last week, and the key-note speaker spoke about taking life by the helm, and how we are each in control of our life right now (how we react, our attitude, the way we place blame, etc.). It was wonderful! Here are two main things that really stuck out to me:

1) Sailor's will tell you that you're either just comin' out of a storm, just goin' into one, or getting ready for the next one. (Moral of the story--be prepared!)


2) There are 2 brothers--both sons of the same alcoholic and abusive father. One son grows up to be homeless and more or less a "bum." The other son grows up to be very successful and stable. When both were asked the same question "Why did you end up this way?" they both responded the exact same way: "You would, too, with a father like mine."

I hope you enjoy that food for thought.

1 comment:

Hama Roska said...

4-H eh?...Really I enjoyed your food for thought. Thanks for posting.