Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Introducing My Little Plant Person

This new little guy has become quite the joy in my office.
We watched him go from absolutely nothing to a pretty stylin' guy, with sideburns, even. Amazing!

He (yes, he's a he even if he's in pink!) needs a name...any suggestions?

PS, incase any of you want your own little Plant Person, here's how you do it: take a knee-high nylon and scrunch it down to the toe part. Place a small handful of grass seed at the bottom. Then, put in soil until you have the size of head you want; tie a knot. Glue on googley eyes, fuzzy pom poms for nose, whatever else. Place Plant Person in a empty can of soda or cup filled with water. The water should soak up through the nylon into the soil and the seed will begin to sprout (make sure it keeps moist--refil can if needed, or spray with water bottle) green hair like a Chia Pet.

Bytheway, kids have a blast putting these together, and just as much fun as me watching it grow!

2 comments:

Jentry said...

I love that it is do it yourself! I wonder if other things could be grown in that fashion, I'm thinking of like herbs, excited to see you guys on Friday! Are you sticking around Logan or heading back down after your hooding?

Melanie said...

Well, we'll be in Logan in the morning because I need to fix any/all corrections of my thesis and get it to the library. And then I want photos by the A, and then the hooding, and then the reception and maybe dinner after that. So, we'll be in Logan more or less all day.