Thursday, May 1, 2008
To be a Grad Student...
I took my last final yesterday. I got up early to study and review the material, and I got a strange feeling; a feeling I don't believe I've ever felt before while studying for finals. I felt that I didn't need to study. This feeling kind of scared me, isn't studying always necessary? In the past I have spent a little more time cramming right before the test rather than studying throughout the semester. This was mostly because of the little time I had as an undergraduate music major, but I have never felt that I did not need to study before. After taking the test I realized the reason (which was quite obvious), I already knew all the material. I paid good attention in class over the course of the semester and I think the main reason is because I only have one class to worry about. That's right, I only had one core class. One final. I didn't have four or five classes of material to worry about as I did as an undergrad. It's a very gratifying feeling to feel confident before an exam. I am also grateful for the Holy Ghost, who has taught me to learn efficiently with purpose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats, Sam! Are you done with the year and headed home to hang out with Melanie, or do you have to stay in CO for the summer?
Post a Comment