Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Bike Ride & "Hike"

Yesterday Sam and I grabbed our bikes and a sack lunch, and headed up the road to Starvation Reservoir. The length of the road to the reservoir was unknown, but it ended up only being about a 25 minute bike ride from our home.

We enjoyed our PB&BBJ (peanut butter and black berry jam; me) and PB&H (honey; Sam) sandwiches on the shores of the reservoir. The wind picked up and we thought it would start storming, so we took off.

Then we heard this awesome bird, and saw it nesting up above. We still don't know what kind it was, but it sure didn't like Sam taking its picture. (I think I might take up bird watching...)

On the way home, we were distracted by a small hill in the distance. We decided to bike over to it and climb it. It turned out to be much softer than anticipated, which made the climb up and slide down interesting. We quite enjoyed ourselves.

No comments: