
I attended my younger brother's high school graduation on Friday (congrats to Alex!). I found myself in the strangest series of flash backs--good memories, thankfully! It seems as though the Class of 2008 graduates were twins of the Class of 2003 graduates (my class). There were very very similar speeches (I probably only remember because I gave one), and they talked in the same manner that my friends talked. I guess it's really just a teenager thing, but I truly almost felt like I was at my graduation again...or watching it on video or something.

When we were outside taking pictures, I was filled with the same excitement I had five years ago. I felt that unconstrained enthusiasm for the exciting life out of high school, and yet at the same time the bit of regret for lost-chances during high school years, as well as the feeling that I might not see any of these people again. I also felt a sense of gratitude (as cheesy as it might be) for Timpanogos High School and all it gave to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment