Monday, May 5, 2008

To NOT Be a Grad Student [anymore]

I was hooded on Friday. Awww...what a great feeling to walk across the little platform, shake hands with basically strangers, get a pretty diploma cover (we now have 3 identical diploma covers...), and feel like I'm actually done. WAHOO!! And looking back, the thesis was actually a really good experience. Not that I would recommend for everyone to go and do one (I'm not quite there yet...), but I did learn a lot--and not only about housing affordability in the quaint Cache County, but about myself and what it really takes to accomplish something.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Mel!

Jentry said...

So proud of you! And in the sun those shoes do take on a purple-ish hue.

Kristy said...

How awesome! It was fun to see you at graduation. On to the next stage of life now, right? Eric is planning on getting a masters degree, also, so we probably have two more years at USU. I'm looking forward to the next graduation!

Kristy