Monday, April 21, 2008

Unexpected Surprise

The best most unexpected thing happened to me Friday evening. I had just returned home from a walk around and through Duchesne and was folding laundry while listening to my currently favorite oldie "You're So Vain" on my iPod, when suddenly there was a loud banging noise.

I took out my iPod and listened again. Someone was knocking on my door. Who in the world would knock on my door after 9pm on a Friday evening? My heart actually started to beat a little more quickly (a nervous beating). I unlocked and opened the door and there was Sam!! He rented a car and drove all day to come see me! And he brought some of my favorite flowers (alstromerias are great because they are bright and beautiful and the perfect price for a starving college student budget!).

He stayed all weekend, helping with my 4-H kickoff and with teaching my primary kids. It was the most wonderful surprise!

5 comments:

Jentry said...

Yay for husbands, that is the sweetest story ever.

Kristy said...

That sounds so fun! How long of a drive is it?

Lisa said...

What a great guy. Way to go, Sam!

The Lotts said...

I love these types of surprises!!!

Hama Roska said...

That is the best kind of surprise late night knock. Yay Sam!