Monday, April 7, 2008

Tiki Car Derby

Sam carved this magnificent Tiki-car for a ward activity. When he put the wheels on, it turned out to look more like Frankenstein than a Tiki.

This reminds me of the summer before Sam and I were married. He was working at Scout Camp as the Archery Director. During his free time, he carved a whole family of tikis for his mom, including his parents and 7 siblings. He even made one for me, and for his best friend's family. Now, everytime we see a tiki (which isn't very often, of course) we take a picture of us trying to make a similar face. We did that at a museum in Chicago in December 2006.

1 comment:

Sam said...

why don't we just combine blogs, then I won't get hounded to update mine all the time and you and I both can update it.