Friday, August 15, 2008

Apricot Mania

My brother called me the other day for recipes and canning instructions for apricot syrup, nectar, and fruit leather (that's kind of part of my job, but I just look it up in a book...no expert, yet). I asked him where he's getting all the apricots for these projects and upon hearing the answer, Sam and I drove down to Helper that same night to get some for ourselves.

See:

We've only made jam so far (one batch was a raspberry-apricot mix. Yum!). But coming up later will be syrup. It has to be one of my childhood favorites--homemade apricot syrup over waffles. Mmmm....




4 comments:

Kristy said...

Looks yummy! You'll have to tell me how you make the syrup. I tried making peach syrup a couple years ago, but it pretty much just ended up being peach jam. Still good, but not quite what I was hoping for.

Sounds like you guys are doing well.

Kristy

Unknown said...

Looks delicious!

Lisa said...

Lee's commenting on all the photos on your blog. "Jam!" and "kiss, mwwah" and "glasses." The vegetables got "dinner!" It makes sense, especially when you read my newish post about Lee taking bites of vegetables. I'm missing your help canning this year, Mel!

Lindsay said...

This looks like it is at our house too! :) I love apricots